- How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I have a list of books i want to read and every time i hear about a book i add it to the list and there’s also a list on goodreads.
- Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
When I can’t buy the physical copies I usually read on my iPad!!
- How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I just pick my books randomly and depending on my mood. Sometimes i want to read some fantasy but if i’m not in the mood to read it i pick up some contemporary or romance. I always put a TBR list at the beginning of every month but i don’t follow it usually because i keep changing it.
- A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?
I think it’s The 5th wave and The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. But I’m gonna read them soon before the movie comes out and the release of the 3rd book.
- A book you recently added to your TBR?
I recently added Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. I liked Hollow City so I decided to add Library of Souls and hopefully will get it soon.
- A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover?
Well actually the only series i got because of its beautiful covers is the Shatter Me series (the covers are really beautiful). But when i add books to my TBR list i don’t usually check the covers.
- A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
I’ve read the first book of Anna Todd series “After” but I don’t plan on reading the 3 other books.
- An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for?
I have many books I’m excited for but mostly i wanna read Winter by Marissa Meyer and November 9 by Colleen Hoover.
- A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
The Percy Jackson series and The Heroes of Olympus series. But I’m gonna read them soon and i only heard great things about them.
- A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin
- A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?
The Rose Society by Marie Lu it comes out in 2 days so i’m pretty excited to continue the story.
- How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
There’s 50 for now but there’s some books that i didn’t add there.
Celaena Sardothien is cloaked in her assassin’s hood once more. She is back in Rifthold, but this time she is no one’s slave. She must delve into her most painful memories and fight for her survival, while resisting a smouldering passion that might very well consume her heart. And she will face her former master, the King of Assassins, again- to wreak revenge for a decade of pain …”
Rating: 5 stars
Queen of Shadows is the fourth installment in the Throne of Glass series and let me tell you this series just keep getting better and better. Nobody can predict what can happen next. This book had 648 pages of pure awesomeness and i just couldn’t put it down. After finishing it, I had one of the biggest hangover in the world (Thank you Sarah lol).
Basically i’m gonna talk about the characters and what i thought about each one of them.
- From the first book till now, Aelin has really changed and matured. She knows every thing that she’s doing and no one can really interfere in her decisions. From the start of the book, she’s doing everything she can to protect her kingdom and release the magic even if it means killing her friends. She’s embracing her new identity as a queen really well. What I love about Aelin is that she’s independent, strong and she knows when to ask her friends for help in a mission. And she also care about her friends. One of the things that made me teared up is when Aelin saved Manon. This scene and their fighting scene were awesome.
“How can I take away somebody who means the world to someone else? Even if she’s my ennemy”
- I was disappointed with what happened with Chaol tbh. I missed the Chaol of the 3 books that preceded this one. The confrontations between him and Aelin did not make me feel at ease because i was shipping them together so much.
“Touch him”, Chaol said, “and I’ll make sure those bastards down there find Aedon”
“You bring my court into this, Chaol,” Aelin said with lethal softness, “and I don’t care what you were to me, or what you have done to help me. You betray them, you hurt them, and I don’t care how long it takes, or far you go: I’ll burn you and your gods-damned kingdom to ash. Then you’ll learn just how much of a monster I can be”.
Maybe he was like that because everything he used to know was changing and he wasn’t getting used to the idea and besides he was feeling guilty for everything that happened especially what happened with Dorian. But throughout the book, he got to his senses somehow. His relationship with Nesryn was a little bit forced to me even if they did have a thing before.
- During the whole book, Dorian was possessed by a Valg. We can see that Dorian was fighting it from the beginning but didn’t know how to be free from it. We should thank Manon for telling Aelin that there’s some humanity left in him since she was able to see it.
When Chaol was presumed dead, it was this that let Dorian be free from the Valg. We could see how much he loved his friend and wasn’t ready to accept his death. (and thank God Chaol wasn’t dead). Can’t wait to see what will happen in the next book with Dorian as the king since we didn’t see much of him in this one. And some scenes with Manon wouldn’t hurt.
- Rowann … I was expecting that Aelin and Rowan will have a romantic relationship kind of but didn’t want to believe since i wanted Aelin to be with Chaol. But in the end i’m with team Aelin and i will be ok with anyone she’ll choose.
I wanted Rowan to not cut his hair but hair can grow again maybe in the 5th book haha. Rowan is really a nice person and we can see that he truly care about Aelin and her safety. I really love the way he acts and his scenes with Aelin were perfect.
- LYSANDRAAA is my new favorite character. She’s awesome, amazing and i don’t have the words to describe her. It was nice to see that she got close to Aelin because Aelin really needed a girl friend and someone to be herself with. She was risking her life to help Aelin in all her plans. Can;t say how much i loved her.
- Aedion perhaps was my least favorite character in the book but he was still okay. I don’t really have to say anything about him but i would like to see more scenes between him and Lysandra. I guess they would make a great couple together.
- I loved Manon in this book. I didn’t think i will be able to get attached to her character this much since in the book before i was skipping some of her chapters (guilty as charged haha). Under her toughness, she really cares about the people who mean to her and we can see that with Elide. And MAYBE in the 5th book we can have more scenes between Manon and Aelin : fighting scenes, friendship scenes whatever …
I really have high expectations for the 2 final books in the series and I know Sarah J.Maas wouldn’t disappoint us.
“She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph.”